Eibar vs Getafe
Spain La Liga – Round 34
With the season drawing to an end, Jose Luis Mendilibar’s side has been increasingly unfortunate with results over the course of the campaign. They aim for back-to-back victories, having beaten Espanyol 1 – 0 last time out. Getafe has also been unlucky with results to date and they too should be higher in the table based on performances. This isn’t expected to be an entertaining game, with few goals.
Eibar vs Getafe News, Stats & Facts
- Both sides achieved wins at two difficult stadiums in the previous round, but this is a potential six-pointer where a European placing is concerned.
- Eibar put an end to a tough run of four defeats and two draws in the last six games with a morale-boosting 1-0 away-win over Espanyol last time out. If they beat Getafe, they will pass them on the table, and will also end a streak of two home games with no goals.
- The Basque side is currently five points off seventh place, which will give access to Europe if Sevilla fails to win the Copa del Rey. After three home games without a win, Eibar is under more pressure than their visitors.
- After just one away win in the first 28 rounds, Getafe has now achieved victories in two of their last three away games. This could be an essential part of Getafe getting the confidence needed to score a first league win at the Ipurua stadium.
- In the H2H, there’s no record of Getafe beating Eibar in seven games at the Ipurua stadium, other than a Copa del Rey clash (2-1). Besides, the last two LL encounters between these sides at Eibar were won by the home side.
Verdict: Total Goals Under 2.5