Fulham vs Reading
England Championship – Round 42
Fulham extended their unbeaten run to 19 matches and registered their 15th win in that time by deservedly beating Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 last time out. Reading were very fortunate to beat Preston last time out, as they continue to concede a lot of chances in matches. A convincing win for Fulham is expected.
Fulham vs Reading News, Stats & Facts
- The best form in the league over the last ten games goes to third place Fulham, who perhaps most deserve the second spot (automatic promotion position) as current second position holders Cardiff have worse form and have lost more games across the season – but they say the table doesn’t lie!
- Currently, in 19th position with 42 points, Reading are five points off of relegation. Three points is a must but it won’t be as comfortable as the reverse fixture (1-1), in a game which saw Fulham reduced to ten-men in the first minute!
- Both teams were in the PL playoff positions last season but both failed to progress. After 40 games last season Fulham were chasing and Reading was nestled comfortably in the playoffs, but a huge role reversal this season shows Reading nowhere near the PL dream.
- Fulham has the Championship’s highest average for possession and pass success rate, and this dominance has helped Fulham score an impressive 71 goals in the league so far.
- Players to watch: 23-year-old Serbian Aleksandar Mitrovic was injured at the end of 2017, but now back and fully fit he’s scored nine goals in 12 games for Fulham.
- Modou Barrow is Reading’s top scorer with ten goals and four assists. He was on a goal drought but scored in their previous fixture.
Verdict: Total Goals Over 2.5